A South View

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Record

January 5, 2006

you sound like a broken record sometimes, but you're playing a catchy tune
someday when you're not looking, that tune just may catch up with you.
"I've been over the river and through the woods" is the tune that you sing
while the whole time you fail to mention that your life is full of better things

so, I sit back and listen to you sing a song
about all these things that have gone o so wrong
you tell them to me once, you tell to me twice
then I change the subject or get some ice

for my aching head, and maybe some aspirn.
you see my darling this throbbing is from all the things i've said
this life can bring you down, and even make you frown
unless this day you find away to stop kicking yourself around

so, I sit back and listen to you sing a song
about all these things that have gone o so wrong
you tell them to me once, you tell to me twice
then I change the subject in disguise

And I think
That we
Just need a break
From this

And I think
That we all
Just need
Some time to think

So sit back and listen I'll sing you a song
About this life and what we've become
The tune will fill the hallways and some
Ears will hear relieving their fears

About this life and the things to come
About their hopes and who they hope to become
You have a future, you have a hope
You have a future, you have a hope
You have a future, you have a home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home